Tuesday, March 24, 2009

It's Hip to be Square!

So I decided to try out a pair of Kollage's square knitting needles. After all, I do love funky things, and what could be more funky than square knitting needles? And, to be honest, they do look like an Art Deco piece. But I LOVE them! As a tight knitter, these are like a dream come true. I don't have to fight with the yarn to get my needles through the stiches after I first cast on. And, just like they advertise, my hands don't cramp at all when I use them. In fact, when I had to switch from my square size 8s to my round, bamboo size 7s, I noticed the difference almost immeaditly. My only gripe is how limp the wire is. If you're knitting a smaller piece, then you're going to have to push the stiches along the wire, cause they won't slide. I mean, I'm very happy that it's not all kninky and makes loop-de-loops when you put the needles together. But still. A happy medium would be nice here. And my BIGGEST gripe? Now I'm going to have to go out and change all of my needles! But it's totally worth it.

No comments: