Thursday, April 30, 2009

HAPPINESS!!

Yes, folks. BioWare has made their first blog concering Mass Effect 2, which is slated for a December 31 release. Am I happy? Hardly. Estatic is more like it. I know! I'm just such a well-rounded person. Books, knitting, video games... there is no rhyme or reason to my life.
Adding to my estatic happiness is the fact that Mass Effect 2 will be shown at this year's E3. SQUEE!!
For those of you who have never had the honor of playing the first Mass Effect... WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU?? Go buy (or borrow, just not steal. I don't endore stealing) an XBOX 360 and the first ME, lock yourself in your home, and play. You'll see what all the fuss is about within the first ten minutes of the game. Increadible customization, stunning graphics, one of the best storylines I've ever seen in a game... It's just amazing. It's an RPG, it's a shooter, it's everything anyone could ever want in a game.
Probably one of my favorite things about the game is the customization I mentioned above. At the ver beginning, you can customize everything about your character, including your own personal history. Throught the game, people will come and talk to you about whichever history you chose for yourself. For example, I was the orphan. So, later in the game, a man approached me who was part of the same gang my character ran with when she was younger. I think that was just increadible.
Another awesome thing is that, just like in Fable (but way better!) every choice you make has a consequence. And, just a hint, be careful about how you speak to certain people. Let's just say that I did enjoy baiting Kaidan and then sharing that special moment. *wink wink* Which is somethign I hope they carry over into the next game.
But enough of my gushing. to check out the blog here: http://blogs.ign.com/BW_MassEffect/2009/04/30/119240/
Oh, I can't wait for this!!!

No comments: